Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career: What you need to know before you graduate from Dental School
Upon graduating, dentists possess all of the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in general practice—with one notable exception. Few dental schools offer training in business.
This omission leaves new graduates ill-prepared to purchase and run dental practices, and the problem goes even deeper. As dentists advance in their field, the majority focus on studying the latest innovations in the science rather than methodology that could improve their business.
In Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career, Kevin Coughlin, DMD, MBA, MAGD, offers the business skills so often neglected by the profession. An instructor of practice management at Tufts School of Medicine, Coughlin guides you through the information you need to make informed business decisions about your practice and your career.
After providing you with an understanding of macroeconomics and microeconomics, Coughlin discusses the types of insurance your practice needs, cash flow analysis, and how personal and business taxes affect you. You’ll learn to develop a business plan for your practice and how to evaluate practices before buying or selling.
Educational and no-nonsense, Coughlin’s advice is indispensable for both new and experienced dentists, helping you grow your practice in rewarding, robust directions.
- Marketing an essential part of running a dental practiceJune 6, 2017 - 8:20 am
- The direction of your dental career starts on Day 1May 23, 2017 - 7:55 am
- Is your business in the good profit or bad profit game?December 16, 2016 - 8:32 am
- Dentistry is changing: do you know where you fit in?December 6, 2016 - 8:21 am
- Three simple rules for passing on your dental practiceOctober 25, 2016 - 9:00 am
Listen to the podcast
- Podcast: How to build influence and grow your dental practiceJune 23, 2017 - 7:10 am
- Podcast: Transformational vs. transactional approaches to leadershipJune 20, 2017 - 1:08 pm
- Podcast: how the W.K. Kellogg foundation supports oral healthJune 15, 2017 - 12:16 pm
- Podcast: How to use testimonials in your dental practiceJune 14, 2017 - 8:44 am
- Podcast: Steve Parker and what dentists can learn from other industriesJune 9, 2017 - 5:23 pm
294 North Main Street
East Longmeadow, MA 01028
Phone: 1-413-634-4459 OR 1-800-983-4126