Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career: What you need to know before you graduate from Dental School
Upon graduating, dentists possess all of the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in general practice—with one notable exception. Few dental schools offer training in business.
This omission leaves new graduates ill-prepared to purchase and run dental practices, and the problem goes even deeper. As dentists advance in their field, the majority focus on studying the latest innovations in the science rather than methodology that could improve their business.
In Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career, Kevin Coughlin, DMD, MBA, MAGD, offers the business skills so often neglected by the profession. An instructor of practice management at Tufts School of Medicine, Coughlin guides you through the information you need to make informed business decisions about your practice and your career.
After providing you with an understanding of macroeconomics and microeconomics, Coughlin discusses the types of insurance your practice needs, cash flow analysis, and how personal and business taxes affect you. You’ll learn to develop a business plan for your practice and how to evaluate practices before buying or selling.
Educational and no-nonsense, Coughlin’s advice is indispensable for both new and experienced dentists, helping you grow your practice in rewarding, robust directions.
- Why All Dental Practices Should Take Advantage of Cloud TechnologyFebruary 14, 2019 - 10:00 am
- Dental Service Organization Trends for 2019 and BeyondFebruary 6, 2019 - 1:59 pm
- Tips for Building a Mobile Friendly Dental WebsiteJanuary 22, 2019 - 11:51 am
- Dental Lease Inflation: How You Can Protect YourselfJanuary 15, 2019 - 2:03 pm
- Should you embrace corporate dentistry?January 8, 2019 - 3:10 pm
Listen to the podcast
- Podcast: How To Create a Thriving Dental PracticeAugust 27, 2018 - 10:01 am
- Podcast: Payroll Solutions for DentistsMay 29, 2018 - 9:58 am
- Podcast: How to Build A Successful Dental TeamMay 15, 2018 - 8:33 am
- Podcast: How and Why You Should Empower Your Dental AssistantsMay 8, 2018 - 8:29 am
- Podcast: Growing Your Dental Practice Through ReferralsMarch 29, 2018 - 9:42 am
- cloud technology
- corporate dentistry
- customer service
- Customer story
- dental office lease
- Dental practice tips
- dental practice transition
- dental professionals
- dental service organization trends
- dental website
- Google my business
- marketing a dental practice
- mobile friendly website
- money management
- New Dentist
- SEO tips for dentists
- social media
- staffing tips
- values over profits