Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career: What you need to know before you graduate from Dental School
Upon graduating, dentists possess all of the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in general practice—with one notable exception. Few dental schools offer training in business.
This omission leaves new graduates ill-prepared to purchase and run dental practices, and the problem goes even deeper. As dentists advance in their field, the majority focus on studying the latest innovations in the science rather than methodology that could improve their business.
In Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career, Kevin Coughlin, DMD, MBA, MAGD, offers the business skills so often neglected by the profession. An instructor of practice management at Tufts School of Medicine, Coughlin guides you through the information you need to make informed business decisions about your practice and your career.
After providing you with an understanding of macroeconomics and microeconomics, Coughlin discusses the types of insurance your practice needs, cash flow analysis, and how personal and business taxes affect you. You’ll learn to develop a business plan for your practice and how to evaluate practices before buying or selling.
Educational and no-nonsense, Coughlin’s advice is indispensable for both new and experienced dentists, helping you grow your practice in rewarding, robust directions.
- MSO vs Private Practice: The Pros and ConsDecember 5, 2017 - 4:20 pm
- Corporate Dentistry vs. Private Practice: Pros and ConsOctober 3, 2017 - 12:52 pm
- Checklist for Buying a Dental PracticeSeptember 5, 2017 - 1:18 pm
- Should You Hire a Dental Practice Consultant?August 1, 2017 - 2:56 pm
- New Dentists: independent or corporate practice a personal choiceJuly 20, 2017 - 4:22 am
Listen to the podcast
- Podcast: How Dentists Can Add Laser Services to Increase Their Revenue with Eric DiffleyDecember 7, 2017 - 4:54 pm
- Podcast: Digital Marketing For Dentists with Kellen KautzmanDecember 6, 2017 - 3:52 pm
- Podcast: Quality Assurance and Quality Assessment In Your Dental PracticeDecember 1, 2017 - 12:48 pm
- Podcast: An Effective and Innovative Way to Train Your Dental StaffNovember 30, 2017 - 9:42 am
- Podcast: What NOT To Do (In Your Dental Practice)November 29, 2017 - 10:31 am