Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career: What you need to know before you graduate from Dental School
Upon graduating, dentists possess all of the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in general practice—with one notable exception. Few dental schools offer training in business.
This omission leaves new graduates ill-prepared to purchase and run dental practices, and the problem goes even deeper. As dentists advance in their field, the majority focus on studying the latest innovations in the science rather than methodology that could improve their business.
In Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career, Kevin Coughlin, DMD, MBA, MAGD, offers the business skills so often neglected by the profession. An instructor of practice management at Tufts School of Medicine, Coughlin guides you through the information you need to make informed business decisions about your practice and your career.
After providing you with an understanding of macroeconomics and microeconomics, Coughlin discusses the types of insurance your practice needs, cash flow analysis, and how personal and business taxes affect you. You’ll learn to develop a business plan for your practice and how to evaluate practices before buying or selling.
Educational and no-nonsense, Coughlin’s advice is indispensable for both new and experienced dentists, helping you grow your practice in rewarding, robust directions.
- Can you really love the business of dentistry?May 10, 2018 - 8:14 am
- Dental associations need more business education programsMay 3, 2018 - 1:18 pm
- Selling a Dental Practice to a Corporate BuyerMarch 27, 2018 - 9:47 am
- Dentists need to adopt a business mindsetMarch 6, 2018 - 9:01 am
- A Simple Dental Practice Appraisal FormulaFebruary 27, 2018 - 9:15 am
Listen to the podcast
- Podcast: How to Build A Successful Dental TeamMay 15, 2018 - 8:33 am
- Podcast: How and Why You Should Empower Your Dental AssistantsMay 8, 2018 - 8:29 am
- Podcast: Growing Your Dental Practice Through ReferralsMarch 29, 2018 - 9:42 am
- Podcast: Dr. Howard Farran From Dentaltown On How to Succeed As a DentistDecember 14, 2017 - 5:05 pm
- Podcast: How Dentists Can Add Laser Services to Increase Their Revenue with Eric DiffleyDecember 7, 2017 - 4:54 pm