Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career: What you need to know before you graduate from Dental School
Upon graduating, dentists possess all of the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in general practice—with one notable exception. Few dental schools offer training in business.
This omission leaves new graduates ill-prepared to purchase and run dental practices, and the problem goes even deeper. As dentists advance in their field, the majority focus on studying the latest innovations in the science rather than methodology that could improve their business.
In Business Processes and Procedures Necessary for a Successful Dental Career, Kevin Coughlin, DMD, MBA, MAGD, offers the business skills so often neglected by the profession. An instructor of practice management at Tufts School of Medicine, Coughlin guides you through the information you need to make informed business decisions about your practice and your career.
After providing you with an understanding of macroeconomics and microeconomics, Coughlin discusses the types of insurance your practice needs, cash flow analysis, and how personal and business taxes affect you. You’ll learn to develop a business plan for your practice and how to evaluate practices before buying or selling.
Educational and no-nonsense, Coughlin’s advice is indispensable for both new and experienced dentists, helping you grow your practice in rewarding, robust directions.
- Interviewing Potential Dental Staff: What You MUST Know About the LegalitiesDecember 10, 2018 - 8:32 am
- 8 SEO Tips All Dentists Must FollowDecember 3, 2018 - 9:18 am
- How to Hire Dental Employees You Want to KeepNovember 26, 2018 - 8:55 am
- 6 Ways for Dentists to Boost Workplace HappinessNovember 20, 2018 - 10:11 am
- Beyond the Bridge: Building your dental practice with new and alternative servicesNovember 9, 2018 - 9:02 am
Listen to the podcast
- Podcast: How To Create a Thriving Dental PracticeAugust 27, 2018 - 10:01 am
- Podcast: Payroll Solutions for DentistsMay 29, 2018 - 9:58 am
- Podcast: How to Build A Successful Dental TeamMay 15, 2018 - 8:33 am
- Podcast: How and Why You Should Empower Your Dental AssistantsMay 8, 2018 - 8:29 am
- Podcast: Growing Your Dental Practice Through ReferralsMarch 29, 2018 - 9:42 am
- corporate dentistry
- customer service
- Customer story
- dental office lease
- Dental practice tips
- dental practice transition
- dental website
- Google my business
- marketing a dental practice
- money management
- New Dentist
- SEO tips for dentists
- social media
- staffing tips
- values over profits