Your Tooth Is Killing Me: The balance between the clinical aspect of dentistry and the business of dentistry
You have spent the last four years diligently studying the art and science of dental medicine. You are now ready to begin your dental career, you see nothing but success in your future. After all, if you are a great dentist, the rest should fall into place, right? Not necessarily. Dentistry is, after all a business. Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD, recognized that reality long ago. He also realized that dental schools turn out scientifically knowledgeable students who lack sound business sense.
Through his new book, Your Tooth is Killing Me, Coughlin mentors young dentist and even seasoned dentist to create savvy businesspeople. Coughlin touches on many of the complicated aspects of launching and running a successful dental practice, including staffing, marketing, leasing space, and operational cost. Most important how to land the correct first job, and how to hire that dental associate. Coughlin founded Baystate Dental PC over thirty years ago. It is now a booming business with more than 150 employees and more than fourteen locations. He continues to practice clinical dentistry everyday and has been teaching clinical dentistry and how it relates to business since 1985.
Let Coughlin work you through your wonderful career and help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time.
- Should You Hire a Dental Practice Consultant?August 1, 2017 - 2:56 pm
- New Dentists: independent or corporate practice a personal choiceJuly 20, 2017 - 4:22 am
- Marketing an essential part of running a dental practiceJune 6, 2017 - 8:20 am
- The direction of your dental career starts on Day 1May 23, 2017 - 7:55 am
- Is your business in the good profit or bad profit game?December 16, 2016 - 8:32 am
Listen to the podcast
- Podcast: Chris Collins on building your dental brand onlineAugust 21, 2017 - 8:23 am
- Podcast: Jeff Rock on the benefits of LinkedIn for dentistsAugust 18, 2017 - 3:06 pm
- Podcast: Should you consider starting a second – or third – practice?August 16, 2017 - 3:26 am
- Podcast: Nick Raithel on how to promote your dental practice by writing a bookAugust 10, 2017 - 7:47 pm
- Podcast: David Wolf on the power of communicationAugust 8, 2017 - 8:04 am